IBM Cloud is a cloud computing service created by IBM. The IBM Cloud Services offer both infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a service (PaaS). With IaaS, a business organization can easily access and deploy virtualized IT resources, like networking, storage and compute power. The connectivity can be done via the internet. The business organization can choose between a virtual or bare-metal server
The PaaS is based on the open source cloud platform called Cloud Foundry. The IBM services can be used by developers to deploy, run manage and create different types of applications for the public cloud, including local and on-premises environment. The IBM Cloud is in support of different programming languages, like:
- And several other programming languages.
The platform of IBM Cloud Services is in support of access to several other IBM services and tools, like IBM Cloud Foundation for server-less computing and IBM Watson and third-party vendors.
More than 170 services are listed across IBM Cloud Catalog. Some of them will be highlighted below:
- Compute: It provides different compute resources, like containers, severless computing, virtual servers and care-metal servers. The company can host its workloads
- Network: It makes available cloud networking services, like firewalls, virtual private network, contemn delivery network and load balancer
- Storage: it offers file storage for cloud, block and object.
- Management: It makes available tools for managing and monitoring cloud deployments, like log analysis, infrastructure code and automation.
- Security: It includes services for access authentication, access management, identity management and activity tracking
- Data management: it provides NoSQL and SQL databases, migration tools and data querying.
- Analytics: It offers Apache Spark, IBM, Watson Machine Learning, Apache Hadoop, analytics services and several other data science tools for streaming data.
- Artificial intelligence (AI): it makes use of IBM Watson in delivering several services, like visual recognition, natural language processing and machine learning.
- Internet of Things (IoT): It includes the IBM IoT Platform capable of providing services that manage and connect IoT devices and also analyses the data generated.
- Mobile: It enables the development team to monitor and build mobile application and all the back-end components
- Developer Tools: It includes a set of tools for application pipelines, continuous release, continuous delivery, as well as, a command-line interface (CLI).
- Blockchain: It provides the Blockchain Platform for IBM, which is a software-as-a-service that offers apps development, monitor Blockchain network and enforces governance.
- Integration: It offers services to integrate on-premises and cloud systems, or several other applications, like IBM Secure Gateway, App Connect and API Connect.
- Migration: IBM Cloud Services offer tools for migrating apps to the cloud, like Cloud Mass Data Migration and IBM Lift CLI.